Fairfax Criminal Defense Lawyer
Our Experienced Firm Can Help You
If you have been arrested and charged with a crime, it is critically important that you act quickly and decisively in response. Your first step should always be seeking out an experienced, dedicated Fairfax criminal defense attorney who can help you navigate the process efficiently. Carleton Penn III has had over 35 years of experience in helping clients like yourself and works tirelessly to help you maintain your freedom, future, and reputation.
Don’t Gamble with Your Freedom.
With over 35 years of honest representation and favorable results, trust our Fairfax attorneys to fight for your rights.
If you have been charged with any of these offenses, you need determined, aggressive counsel. Contact us today to get started!
Tenacious, Dedicated Representation
Our legal team takes great pride in giving each and every case the personalized attention and support it deserves. For the greatest chance at success, you need a highly educated, motivated team willing to take the time and devote the resources necessary to defend you effectively. Once we take on a case, we research the facts thoroughly and conduct a detailed investigation, before creating a legal strategy that is custom-built for your unique circumstance.
Facing Criminal Charges? Tips from Our Criminal Defense Team.
If you are facing criminal charges, you undoubtedly are searching for answers. Many individuals who find themselves charged with criminal activity are not only wondering how to handle the future, but how to handle their present circumstances as well.
Here are some common questions and answers to help you navigate your situation:
- What should I do after I have been arrested? It's important to keep the details as fresh in your mind as possible. Write down everything you can remember about your circumstances leading up to the arrest, including where you were, who you were with, etc...
- Should I speak with law enforcement? After you are arrested, you have the right to remain silent without a lawyer present. Often, attempting to clear your name and speaking up about what happened can be detrimental to your case, as your meaning may be twisted.
- What is the difference between a felony & a misdemeanor charge? A misdemeanor charge typically has lighter penalties than a felony charge. Felony charges typically include more time in prison.
- Should I post bail as soon as possible? Many people, quite naturally, want to post bail for a loved one as soon as they are able. This might result in lost finances - it's important to discuss the case with a criminal defense attorney who can help you determine what the best and most financially smart option is.
- Should I talk to family or friends about the situation? It's beneficial to keep the details of the case between you and your lawyer. Although family and friends might want to help, they may end up miscommunicating your statements to law enforcement or in court.
Call Carleton Penn III for Assistance Today
As you select the right Fairfax criminal defense attorney for you, be certain you are choosing counsel with the comprehensive understanding of the law to fight for you on every front, protect your rights passionately, and leave no stone unturned in your defense.
Call Us today at (703) 293-5910 to schedule a free consultation and find out more about how we can help you. For the legal team with Carleton Penn III, our clients are always our primary concern!
Awards & Association
Highly Recommended, Highly Esteemed